Communication design BFA 2011
Parson School of Design High School Students Program
Brief stint at FIDM
Adobe Creative Suite
Wrike | Project Management
Apple Office Programs
2013 Utah Addy's for "Elements of Design" Cafe 15
Honorable mention in Skopje International Poster Contest.
Art Director • Yakima Racks
August 2015 - Currently
Spearhead the production of traditional and digital brand and marketing collateral and materials for several projects including editorial catalogs, dealer-facing, social and digital campaigns, email marketing, product launches, website building, packaging re-design, tradeshow fixtures, apparel, stickers, and swag items. Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams including category, product design, and sales. Supervise performance activity of three employees including a designer, a freelance designer, and a copywriter.
• Partnered with external agency to re-brand the company with new graphic elements. I worked with the agency to solidify a new typeface, tagline, and category icons, as well as a symbol to support the logo/brand. I worked directly with the designers and collaborated on design concepts for the icons and symbols by providing sketches and concepts. I have a lot of “tribal knowledge” within the brand and it was an asset to the design process.
• Spearheaded the execution of new packaging design while working closely with YFY Jupiter in finalizing design concepts, recreating more then 30 informational icons, and executing the redesign of almost 200 SKUs.
• Pushing the importance of good design within the company has been a grand achievement of mine. I feel the company, especially cross-functioning teams, are now seeing the capabilities design has on presentation and reputation.
Art Director • Freestyle Marketing Group
Salt Lake City, UT
September 2011 - August 2015
Promoted to hold concurrent responsibilities of lead designer and art director of marketing firm providing marketing management and design to B2B clientele. Oversaw visual aspects of several marketing campaigns, ensuring compliance to budget and time restrictions. Managed one designer and new hires. Collaborated with creative director and design team to strategize solutions aligned with client needs. Built and
maintained professional relationships with clients. Created compositions from stock imagery and presented concepts and mock-ups to clients.
• Played an integral role in designing award-winning marketing print ads for a large client in the industrial tools and mining equipment industry.
• Creating our biggest client’s, Industrial Supply, introduction catalog / presentation folder from concept to print. We worked closely with the company to determine key points of communication and then built the catalog design and layout around the hierarchy of information to best communicate their history and achievements.
• Received Silver Addy Award for logo design
in the “Elements of Advertising” category.
Designer • Mission Tees
As the sole graphic designer for the company I was in charge or receiving clients artwork and preparing them for printing. I would separate into colors and print on acetate for burning.
While I was employed here my roommate and I started a women’s focused snowboarding website. After-hours I was allowed to print sweat shirts and tee shirts with our brand designs. I really enjoy screen printing and apparel design so the ability to have access to a press was really amazing,
Apprentice • Cracked Pot Studios
Aided Fran Layenberger in her ceramic studio creating
stone wear and decorative vases.
Yardley, PA 19067
Summer & Winter breaks 2008/2009
Art Teacher• CAPS Art Camp
Taught a class on wearable art to 7-10 year olds at a summer art camp.
Yardley, PA 19067
June - August 2006
NON DESIGN RELATED JOBS:
• Sales Associate • Langhorne Ski & Sport
Helped customers find the proper attire for their winter activities.
Also created floor displays and redesigned interior.
Fairless Hills, PA
May 2005 - August 2009
• Suzy Rae Design
September to November 2010 • Reading, PA
Updated and redesigned advertisements for local
And corporate businesses, for newspapers
And billboards. Also designed business
Cards and pamphlets.
• Shamlain Advertising
May to August 2010 • Media, PA
Assisted a team of interns in putting together a private
event and created logos, posters, and signs for the event.
I play indoor soccer year round as well as outdoor in the summer
I love hiking, camping, and the outdoors in general
Essentially I love being active
Building friendships and making people laugh
I play the guitar
I snowboard come wintertime