Communication design BFA 2011
- Adobe Creative Suite with a focus in Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere
- Google App: Drive - Docs, Spreadsheet etc.
- Screen Printing
- I have the ability to work in a group and tend to take on leadership roles. I can see the big picture and what my tasks and my teams task should be to get a job done, creatively and strategically.
- I have experience starting a project and finishing it all the way through production and delivery.
- Photo/video shoots
- A knack for mixing cocktails
- 2013 Utah Addy's for "Elements of Design" Cafe 15
- Honorable mention in Skopje International Poster Contest.
DESIGN Related JOBS:
• Art Director • Yakima Racks
August 2015 - Currently
As the Art Director I am the most senior person on the creative team. I manage two other designers and all aspects of creative work that leaves the office walls. I work hand in hand with the marketing, digital, sales, and category teams, as well as the product designers from time to time. I oversee and design print catalogs, print and digital advertisements, cross platform campaigns, packaging, apparel, web design, email design and layout, internal branding, POP, vehicle wraps, UX design, trade show assets including printed collateral and structural pieces.
• Art Director • Freestyle Marketing Group
Salt Lake City, UT
September 2011 - August 2015
At FSMG I started as a graphic designer and moved up to Lead Designer / Art Director in the four years that I worked there. I was in charge of concepting and designing for our largest clients. I presented work face to face with our clients and gathered feedback to determine changes to be made and then presented again until a final solution was found. I worked with-in a small team of the creative director and myself and eventually adding a junior designer under my management. I worked closely with the account managers and other team members to efficiently execute projects.
• Designer• Mission Tees
Created tee shirt designs from scratch or built customers designs out for screen printing. I adjusted artwork to be applied to transparencies to then go through the screen printing process. We printed tee-shirts, bags and beer growlers. I assisted the printers on a as needed bases.
Kutztown, PA 19530
November - May 2010/2011
• Apprentice • Cracked Pot Studios
Aided Fran Layenberger in her ceramic studio creating
stone wear and decorative vases.
Yardley, PA 19067
Summer & Winter breaks 2008/2009
• Art Teacher• CAPS Art Camp
Taught a class on wearable art to 7-10 year olds at a summer art camp.
Yardley, PA 19067
June - August 2006
NON DESIGN RELATED JOBS:
• Sales Associate • Langhorne Ski & Sport
Helped customers find the proper attire for their winter activities.
Also created floor displays and redesigned interior.
Fairless Hills, PA
May 2005 - August 2009
• Suzy Rae Design
September to November 2010 • Reading, PA
Updated and redesigned advertisements for local
And corporate businesses, for newspapers
And billboards. Also designed business
Cards and pamphlets.
• Shamlain Advertising
May to August 2010 • Media, PA
Assisted a team of interns in putting together a private
event and created logos, posters, and signs for the event.
I play indoor soccer year round as well as outdoor in the summer
I love hiking, camping, and the outdoors in general
I play the guitar
I snowboard come wintertime